Monday, March 16, 2009

Tribute to Steven Piper!

As stated in my previous posting Steven Pipers passing and loss to global ornithology is truly saddening. The one impact Steven had on my life was to certainly open my eyes to the art of ringing and more than that. The very sense of the precious quality of life. Particularly when holding a beautiful warbler in your hand or gently coaxing a Cape Vulture off after ringing it. I could not really find the inspiration to say anymore about Steven other than the fact that both through his courses, his writings and influence in bird clubs that he was an inspiration to truly contribute to life in a meaningful and profound way. Unfortunately I coudl not find a verse or picture that could remotely capture the spirit of who he was and what he did. I did manage to find a YouTube video clip celebrating life and bird ringing. My own small tribute to Steven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Base Camp Project Management software working for birds1

Basecamp

South African Bird Atlas Project 2

www.sabap2.adu.org.za